Dog wardens will canvass homes in York County, the week of April 13 to ensure all dog owners have current licenses and rabies vaccinations for their dogs.|
The state Department of Agriculture reminds dog owners that a license is one of the best ways to ensure a lost dog is returned home safely.
Under Pennsylvania law, all dogs three months or older must be licensed by January 1 of each year. The fee is $6.50 for each spayed or neutered dog and $8.50 for other dogs. Older adults and persons with disabilities may purchase a license for $4.50 for spayed or neutered dogs and $6.50 for others.
Additionally, all dogs and non-feral cats (three months of age and older) must be vaccinated against rabies. Booster vaccinations must be administered periodically to maintain lifelong immunity.
Violators can be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation plus court costs.
Licenses may be purchased through Treasurer Bair at the York County Administrative Office, by calling (717) 771-9603, online at yorkcountypa.gov, or from these issuing agents:
For more information, visit www.licenseyourdogPA.com or call 717-787-3062.
- Delta – Delta Tags, Title & Notary
- Delta – Dennis Emmel
- Dover – Pet's Best Friend
- Hanover – Hanover WalMart
- Hanover – Jocelyn's Puppies
- Hanover – Nature's Pet Place
- Manchester – Animal Medic Inc.
- Mechanicsburg – Diller Landscape, Feed & Tack
- New Freedom – Four Paws Pet Shop
- Red Lion – Cape Horn Country
- Red Lion – Cape Horn Veterinary Services
- Red Lion – Diehl's Service Center
- Red Lion – The Mill, 327 East Broadway
- Spring Grove – Spring Grove Animal Hospital
- Stewartstown – Stewartstown Veterinary Services
- York – Morgan's Paws Pet Care Center
- York – Sloppy Kisses
- York – West York Agway
- York – York County S.P.C.A.
- York – York Pet Supply
MEDIA CONTACT: Brandi Hunter-Davenport – 717.787.5085